There is a myth that washing your hair every single day keeps it clean and healthy. This is not necessarily true for everyone and even hair care professionals don’t recommend it. Also, good diet and hair products count for a lot in retaining beautiful, healthy hair. Hair is made of protein so a healthy diet is essential as well as good products and proper shampooing and styling.
When washing your hair the following steps should be followed:
- Wash hair either every other day (to retain oils) or even twice a week.
- Purchase shampoos and conditioners that don’t contain sulfates or parabens.
- Find Shampoos and Conditioner that suit your type of hair (curly, frizzy, straight, thick or thin)
- Use Conditioner lightly and leave on for two or three minutes.
- Rinsing with vinegar before shampooing can leave your hair shiny
- If you moisturize your hair the following oils will leave you hair shiny: Caster, almond, olive, coconut and lavender. Try to leave in at least 4 hours before rinsing out.
- Don’t brush your hair too much because even though it can stimulate the growth of hair follicles, it can also cause breakage and split ends.
The first step to preserving your hair and prevent hair thinning and loss begins with you.
If you are having issues with thinning hair or bald spots be sure to call for your free evaluation. We are here to help solve your problems.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE: