First, find the cause. Determine if it’s a medical condition and check your medications. For example, medications for the treatment of cancer, depression, heart disease, arthritis and high blood pressure can contribute to thinning hair and hair loss.
Once you’ve determined the cause for your thinning hair then try the following:
- Use gentle hair products (shampoos without sulfates, conditioners without silicone)
- Comb, don’t brush your hair
- Air Dry your hair whenever possible
- Try heat free styling technique
- Don’t pull your hair too tightly
- Massage your scalp with nutritional oils
- Consider seeking professional hair growth treatments (Minoxidil, laser treatments, scalp treatments, hair transplants, scalp surgery)
- Lower your stress levels (get more sleep, exercise, meditate)
- Eat more Protein (chicken, fish, beef, pork, black beans legumes, chick peas and dairy products)
- Eat Omega-3’s (salmon, sardines, walnuts, avocados)
You also have choices as to where you go to seek treatments that go beyond the above list. There are Salons that specialize in hair loss treatments like Transitions Hair Solutions with a varied menu of options. There are medical specialists who also specialize in hair loss. There are new and exciting treatments under-going clinical trials as we write this article and sometime in the future the entire industry could change in a major way. Stem cells are very promising and are close to being approved in various methods to treat hair loss.
This is no longer your Grandpa’s hair loss era and there is hope and help for anyone who seeks it. Just fill out tty form to the right or call us today, to arrange for your no obligation evaluation and we can help you.
SHARE THIS ARTICLE: